Q: Do you accept insurances?
A: Cedar Trails Counseling is a small, local office, not an agency or managed care facility, so we do not work through insurance companies. Click here for more information.
Q: Why don’t you use insurance companies?
A: Bypassing managed care keeps insurances from dictating the type and frequency of care that you receive. We can work with you for reimbursement from your insurance company as an out-of-network provider. Some benefits of not using insurance companies are listed below:
- No diagnosis required. You will not be required to have a mental health diagnosis on your permanent health record to qualify for counseling.
- No limitations. You do not need to worry about being restricted to a limited number of sessions that your health insurance provider allows.
- No pre-authorization or referral necessary. You can begin attending counseling now. You do not need a referral from your doctor or need to obtain pre-approval from your insurance.
- Our costs are minimized. Counseling agencies and clinics often have significantly higher overhead due to relying on insurance reimbursement and/or writing off insurance denials.
- No need to meet a deductible. If you have a high deductible, you will likely be paying the full cost of counseling agency fees until your deductible is met; oftentimes for the entire length of your treatment before you have any counseling coverage available as a co-pay.
Q: What is your therapeutic approach?
A: I rely on behavioralism as my mainstay approach, which means that I follow the antecedent-behavior-consequence model. Although that is my foundational theory, I have also been trained in mindfulness, motivational interviewing, and trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy. Many common types of therapy naturally have a behavioral component, and I emphasize them as part of treatment.
Q: What is your no-show policy?
A: Clients should give 24-hour notice or they will be charged for the visit. Repeated missed visits may result in discontinuing services.